Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Finished!

It's official. I'm done with classes until who knows when. It may be a lot longer than I realize if a mission is in the near future, though I don't think it will be in the NEAR future. Perhaps in a year. It feels good to be done with class, even if finals are looming. Though I have to admit, todays wrap-up of various subjects was unsatisfying, especially in my Political Science classes. The subject matters are such that there are not black and white, cut and dry answers or explanations for anything. I mean, we ended my international terrorism class with the "terrorism will never go away, you can only attempt to control it" conclusion and my civil wars and ethnic conflicts class with "no matter how much you try to prevent or mediate civil wars, there are some things you will never understand and your remedies may never work." BAH! However, this doesn't mean they aren't fascinating to study and at least try to provide policy options that can try to fix the world.

The weather was amazing today. It finally felt like spring. I decided to celebrate the end of class with two solid hours of playing touch rugby and it was a par-tay. I am still trying to deal with what happened at Stanford two weeks ago, and the fact that the sweet 16 starts on Friday is certainly bittersweet. But it's getting easier, though sometimes the hurt still comes back. It certainly has motivated me to work harder even though the season is over. Usually summer is a time to kick back and relax (well not really, I just work over 40 hours a week and get out of shape), but this summer's going to be different! I will be working hard to get stronger and faster so next year the same thing doesn't happen. Now I just gotta make it through finals.... dun dun dun.

No comments: