Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure. -Albus Dumbledore
Monday, June 1, 2009
'Mems Day Weekend
A little late, I know, but Memorial Day weekend was really fantastic this year. Because I'm not working at the pool and currently have no job at all, I didn't have to work during Memorial Day. I took the opportunity to go camping with some friends up Dry Canyon in Orem. We packed all our gear and hiked up the canyon a bit where we set up camp. We all enjoyed a lovely evening of gathering wood (other than the bundle Autumn hiked up with on her head), fire, s'mores, and chatting. The net day, we decided to summit Big Baldy, the mountain in front of Timp. From our campsite, we guesstimated it would take about 45 minutes to summit and we'd be back in about an hour and a half. WELL.. 4 hours, 2 snakes, one other very large creature which we never saw, 2 bags of sunflower seeds, and multiple cuts and scrapes due to bushwacking up the entire face of the mountain later, we finally made it back to camp. We couldn't find a trail that went up to the top, so we decided to just hike it ourselves. It was AWESOME, but really hard. Thankfully, we found a trail for the way down. Nothing like a good weekend of camping, hiking, and getting dirty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
You guys are too cool. I never went camping with just the girls and I can tell I missed out!
Post a Comment