Friday, January 8, 2010

Ramblings.

The first word that came out of my mouth this morning, about 10 seconds after I woke up, was "damn." A great start to the day, don't you think? Here's what constituted the usage of the "damn" word: I forgot to turn my phone/alarm off silent last night, and consequently woke up about 20 minutes before I had to leave for class. I know, I know, NBD (that's No Big Deal for those of you smart enough to not get caught up in jargon of America's public high schools). Upon reflection, the situation probably shouldn't have brought such a strong immediate reaction, buutttt... it did. Plus, isn't that the point of swearing? To verbally express your immediate emotion? At least that's how I usually use the choice 4 letter words (except the one that starts with the letter after e, of course. I do have SOME morals.) Why do you swear? Or don't...

It is the end of my first week of my 10th semester at BYU. Yes 10. Not counting my 2 spring terms. And no, I don't graduate in April. Thank you for rubbing it in. Will I ever get out of this place?! My classes are going to be pretty tough (yes, I'm including Physical Science 100 in the tough category), but I'm also taking Beginning Hockey and Weightlifting, which should be a real treats. On top of that, I am now working 20 hours a week at the good 'ol Harold B Lee Library and have taken over presidential duties for the rugby club. Life. is. good.

Christmas Break went by too quickly, but I feel guilty for complaining since September-December of 2009 was essentially a vacation. The Schwestis plus Erik piled into our Volkwagon Golf the day after Christmas (the real one) for an incredibly comfortable ride across the Sierras to my cousins house in California. Chuls followed us a couple days later. Time in California was spent in San Francisco, in local orchards picking pummelos, in front of the woodburning fireplace, in front of the movie screen, in the hills behind my uncle's house, in the hot tub, and in puzzling mode (can you tell I'm going to parallel structure here?) Our California trip was much too short, but it was fantastic while it lasted. AND! While I was there, I was able to wear CHACOS and SHORTS! Blessed day.

I am now in P-town west. P-town east continues to seem further and further away. But I won't go all nostalgic AGAIN on my readers. Life continues to roll forward and I'm trying not to get stuck with my head looking at those things that are behind me. I think a few glances an hour will suffice. In order to help me with this goal-- I just decided to make it a resolution of 2010-- I bought THIS book just a few minutes ago for a total of $6.08. Road trip anyone?


I'm noticing that I'm turning into a therapeutic book buyer. This could get dangerous.

Hope you all had a lovely holiday. Cheers!

2 comments:

ixoj said...

Oh, I've been wanting to read that for a while now and just haven't gotten around to it. Let me know how it is!

Zillah said...

damn!
hugs!
books4eva!
squeeeeeeeeezes!
keeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!